Source : The complete book of baking
1/2 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
2/3 cup soft dark brown sugar
4 tbsp molasses (yulyan : substituted with honey)
1 egg, at room temperature, beaten
225 gr cooked or canned pumpkin
2 cups all purpose flour (yulyan : 1 cup all purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 tbsp currants or raisin
(yulyan : I added 1 tbsp ground flaxseed)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Grease 14 muffin cups or use paper cases.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter or margarine until soft. Add the sugar and molasses and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and pumpkin and stir until well blended.
- Sift over the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fold just enough to blend, do not over mix.
- Fold in the currant or raisins.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups. filling them three-quarters full.
- Bake until the tops spring back when touch lightly, 12-15 minutes. Serve warm or cold. (Or you can bake until the skewer inserted to the center comes out clean).
Stay cooking with love....